Sunday, April 12, 2009

Twitter

When it comes to Twitter, I'm still on the fence. I first heard of Twitter while watching CNN. I became interested because News anchor Don Lemon said that I could ask questions, and he could answer me right away. So this got my attention. So, I registered. Once on Twitter.com, it was nothing like I thought it would be. I felt very much confused. I didn't feel like it (Twitter) fit me at all. Twitter has been compared to Facebook. It didn't take me long to catch on to Facebook, but I'm still struggling to understand Twitter. I understand the principal behind Twitter, but I don't find it user friendly at all. As a teacher, I do believe that Twitter, as I understand it, can be useful. I think that it would serve as a great tool for holding discussions among students outside of the classroom. In fact, I think that it could be used as a way of getting students to reach out and build relationships with each other. I'm not saying that I will never use Twitter, but the fact that I've forgotten my username and password says a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment