Monday, April 27, 2009

EDM 310 REFLECTION

Coming in to EDM 310, I didn’t really know what to expect. Overall, I was extremely pleased with this course. I learned several things that I otherwise would probably not have had access to. For starters, the Google package is great. And the best this about that is it’s free. This is definitely something that I will continue to be able to used once this class is over. I especially enjoyed the “Google Presentations”. I thought that they were a great tool to get to know the other students with. I would just add that maybe in the future, the instructor could do one as well.
I think that the Blog portion of the class was also very informative and interesting. For future classes, I think there should be a requirement to have students follow two other blogs, just to get the class more involved. The topics that we blogged on were very good, and I would definitely recommend keeping them. My favorite was actually looking for teachers in the United States and abroad who were actively using blogs in their classrooms. As a future educator, I was truly excited.
While I did not care too much for the Podcast section of this class, I do see where it can be helpful in the classroom, making it a great tool to have. I can’t entirely say that I would rather have not done the Podcast section, because I did enjoy working with Audacity. I like the idea of learning something new. The fact that I ended this course with more information and knowledge that I began with reaffirms my opinion that this was and is a helpful course.

No comments:

Post a Comment