Sunday, February 1, 2009

Google Rumor

Except for in classrooms, I think that the Desktop is pretty much dead already. Most people are using laptops and cell phones to access the internet. If this G-Drive rumor is true, the next thing to bite the dust may be the laptop. The ability to access saved data from any machine is a great idea. My only hang up would be what has always been my hang up with computers; what if it breaks? I think that technology is great, but too much of a great thing can't be good. While I do think that the G-Drive is a good idea, I still think that people should have options and choices. There will be those that still like the way old things work. Change is good, but for some, change is hard and a little scary. As with anything else, this new concept has some great potential as well as a few downfalls.

No comments:

Post a Comment